A substantial 19th century Grade II listed hall with traditional gardens and paddocks extending to just under 3.5 acres. Separate detached 2 bed annexe. The hall offers a wealth of original period features and has been in the same ownership since 1978.
Dating mostly from 1860 with earlier parts, The Hall (which is mentioned in Sir Nikolaus Pevsner authoritative architectural guide to the buildings of England) is an imposing family home constructed of Limestone Ashlar under a slate roof. The house is prominently in the centre of the village, in the lea of St Andrew's Church, with south facing formal lawns, extensive borders and mature trees; a ha ha gives an uninterrupted vista over paddocks and a parkland setting. The Hall is the epitome of a private, yet accessible, fine English country residence. The impressive accommodation is set over three floors and benefits from oil-fired radiator central heating. The three principal reception rooms, all with classical proportions, have a south facing aspect with views across the garden and beyond. Worthy of particular note is the magnificent entrance hall with original tiled floor and mahogany staircase leading off to a galleried first floor landing. In addition to the main house there is a detached self-contained two bedroom annexe and an extensive range of outbuildings.
Location | View Local Schools